LG is one of my favorite electronics brands, I have to confess; this is because I’ve come to trust their applances. This LG 1.5 HP Air conditioner is part of the GenCool Series. Its called GenCool because you can use it on your relatively small. This AC can achieve this because it belongs to the class of inverter ACs, this means it can start with a low wattage capacity, unlike conventional ACs. I personally own the 1HP and 1.5HP versions of this AC and I can tell you that you won’t regret buying this. Always remember not to use a small capacity in an area too large than its capacity, this being a 1.5hp AC can comfortably cool down a typical sitting room or office rapidly as long as the doors are kept closed.
I love this AC class not just because it has a Gen Mode option, but because it actually works; I have personally tested it out. I used a wattage meter to measure how much wattage this AC was consuming both on the Gen Mode and without it. This was done on typical sunny days; without the Gen Mode on, it used a maximum of about 1.7KVA which is to be expected from a 1.5HP AC but it drew just over 1.0KVA when tested using the Gen Mode option. Be aware that using your AC on gen mode will cause it to cool the room a little slowly, so if you’re coming from the sunny walk and need the AC to cool very fast, I’ll advise you don’t use GenMode. This AC cools rapidly regardless of the temperature outside as long as the doors and windows are closed.
Using it on Generator
Based on my testing; you can use this AC on a 2KVA generator while also operating other appliances while on Gen Mode; if you require faster cooling you will have to use a bigger generator so you can use it on normal mode. . I’ll advise you to use this with a slightly bigger generator with at least a running capacity of 3KVA; this will allow you to operate other appliances like TV and Home Theater.
The Voltage protection on this AC is off the hook as far as I am concerned. This AC has a High Voltage Safe (AVS) that can work with voltage fluctuations up to 450V (you read that right and I”ve seen this in action.) and also it can start on a low voltage of 140V; thanks to it Low Voltage Starter (LVS). That is the widest I have seen on any AC voltage range. You almost do not need a Voltage Stabilizer for this AC; I don’t think voltage fluctuation is something to worry about.
This a product that I will definitely recommend this Air Conditioner. There is a 2-year LG warranty cover on this item so you can have some rest of mind; the compressor has a 10 years warranty on it. The LG ThinQ is also available to help you diagnose issues.
- Type – Wall Mount
- Color -White
- Smart Function – Smart Diagnosis™
- Cooling Capacity – 3,517W/12,000Btu/h.
- Max Cooling Capacity – 13,600Btu/h.
- Power Input (Cooling) – 1,095W
- Running Current (Cooling) – 5.8A
- EER – 3.21W/W/10.96Btu/h.W
- Power Supply – 1/220-240V/50Hz
- Air Flow Rate (Indoor, Max) – 13.0m³/min
- Air Flow Rate (Outdoor, Max) – 28.0m³/min
- Moisture Removal – 0.9l/h.
- Sound Level (Indoor, H/M/L/SL) – 40/34/26/20 dB (A)
- Sound Level (Outdoor, Max ) – 50dB (A)
- Refrigerant (Type) – R410A
- Refrigerant (Charge (at 7.5 m)) – 670g
- Additional Refrigerant Charge – 20g/m
- Power Supply Cable – 3 x 1.0 (No x mm²)
- Power and Communication Cable – 4 x 1.0 (No x mm²)
- Piping Connections (Liquid Side) – 6.35mm
- Piping Connections (Gas Side) – 9.52mm
- Drain Hose Size (O.D/I.D) – 21.5/16.0 (0.85/0.62) mm (in)
- Pipe Length (Standard/Max) – 7.5/15 (24.6/49.2) m (ft)
- Fan (Indoor) Type – Cross Flow Fan
- Fan (Outdoor) Type – Fan, Propeller
- Dimensions (Indoor (WxHxD)) – 837 x 308 x 189 mm
- Dimensions (Outdoor (WxHxD)) – 717 X 483 X 230 mm
- Net Weight (Indoor) – 8.9 (19.6) kg (lb)
- Net Weight (Outdoor) – 23.5 (51.8) kg (lb)